Community Policing Report, 9th February 2016
I am Police Constable 933 Brentt Chambers, one of the Community Policing
officers stationed at Alloa Police Office. You can contact me by calling
101 or by email at:
Since your last meeting on 12th January 2016 we have recorded 3 undetected crimes and 2 detected crimes for the Menstrie area.
There was 1 incident of anti-social behaviour in the Menstrie area since the last meeting as follows:
- 22nd January, nuisance threatening communications to Menstrie Primary School, whereby a male youth was charged and is being dealt by way of the Children's Reporter.
There was 1 recorded incident of vandalism in the Menstrie area since the last Community Council meeting.
- 20th January, damage to the tyres of a motor vehicle in East Mains, which is undetected at this time and the reporting officer is continuing their enquiries.
Since the last meeting, there have been no recorded incidents of violence towards the public or police in the Menstrie area.
Since the last meeting, there have been 2 recorded incidents of acquisitive crime towards the public or police in the Menstrie area since the last meeting, they are as follows;
- 23rd January, a theft by housebreaking, where jewellery was taken from a property in Rowan Crescent. This is currently undetected with the reporting officer continuing their enquiries.
- 23rd January, a theft by housebreaking, where jewellery was taken from a property in Glenview. This is currently undetected with the reporting officer continuing their enquiries.
To date we have 0 road traffic offences in the area. However local officers are continuing to carry out Handheld Radar when possible to enforce the speed limits.
Other incidents of note
There were 2 incidents of note within the Menstrie area, they are as follows;
- During December 2015, windows within Menstrie Tower were smashed, this has been detected with a male youth charged with the offence along with several other historical vandalisms in the Menstrie area. This is being dealt with by way of the Children's Reporter.
- 8th February, a male was arrested for a telecommunications act offence in Menstrie and reported to the Procurator Fiscal.
Other community issues
Facebook and Twitter: Community Messages can be placed on local Police sites via the Community Sergeant, who is PS Catherine Sharkey 089, and is based at Alloa Police Office.
Your dedicated ward officer for the Tullibody and Menstrie area will be PC Lee Allen 421, who will be based from Alloa Police Office and can be contacted via phoning 101, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling into Alloa Police Office.